RARE GEM!! – $849,000 CALL OR TEXT KEN STULIK (703) 309-3527 FOR A SHOWING OR MORE INFO
OPEN SUNDAY JULY 21, 1-4
Luxury Retreat In Burke!!!
The Pool Is OPEN! 9418 Wooded Glen Avenue IS a luxury entertainer’s retreat that offers the greatest combination of location, size, and privacy that you can imagine. Part luxury retreat and part hidden gem, this home offers so many things. Nestled in a quiet street of the sleepy Wooded Glen subdivision of Fairfax and just a 3-mile drive to the VRE and a 5-mile drive to the Beltway, this 4900-square-foot, 5-bedroom, 3.5-bath titan has just about every possible architectural feature you could want in a home. Sitting on almost a quarter acre of pristine land backing to parkland, this home backs to privacy and has a lovely fenced yard suitable for private entertaining. Let the kids and guests splash about in the pool. Entertain your family and guests on the back deck and grill out in privacy. Unwind in the sauna. Relax and read a book in the solarium. You really can have it all!
But of course, while the lot is great, the home and her fantastic Open Floor Plan is the star of this show. Start in the wide Foyer. To the left lies the formal Library, where walnut paneling throughout the entire room (and ceiling!) and grand built-in bookcase give you the feeling of classic opulence in which you can relax, read a book, or tickle the ivories. To the right of the foyer lies the Formal Living Room, where you can entertain guests or also relax. Behind it the spacious Dining Room offers plenty of room and natural light, where you can also entertain , with formal dinners during the holidays or special occasions. Now head towards the kitchen through butler’s pantry, where you’ll also find the food pantry and the awesome custom sliding shelves to store your dry goods. In the gourmet Kitchen, the granite counters sparkle, stainless steel appliances dazzle, and the brick hearth and cooktop stun. Soak in the openness of the adjoining Breakfast Nook, then take in the huge sunken Family Room and it’s gorgeous Brazilian Cherry floors and brick hearth surrounding a gas fireplace. Behind the Family Room is the laundry (complete with laundry chute from upstairs hall bath!) and mudroom lead you to the large spacious 2-car garage with plenty of storage (oh and room for your cars). Back in the Family Room, you can head into the Solarium to soak up some sun in a complete glass enclosure. Lastly, head out to the gigantic Ironwood deck and enjoy a lemonade, a summer breeze or just the view.
The bedroom level sports 4 bedrooms and 2 full baths. The cavernous Master Bedroom suite has to be seen to be appreciated. Start in the master Sitting Room, where you can relax, maybe watch TV, or have quiet time with a child. Step up to the gigantic bedroom area with vaulted ceilings and notice how even a California King seems small. An Office connects to the bedroom and it features a built-in desk and cabinetry that would be the envy of any architect. The master garden-style bath features a huge open area with vaulted ceilings a skylight that brings in tons of ambient light, a private commode, large stand-up shower, full Jacuzzi soaking tub, and a walk-in closet so big that His ‘n’ Hers will never have to fight over space and the built-in shelving system! The rest of this freshly carpeted level features 3 very spacious bedrooms each with cedar-lined walk-in closets and a very nicely updated hall bath with dual vanities, contemporary bowl sink and that laundry chute!
The walk-out level, 1296-square-foot finished basement allows for the whole family to utilize this space to its fullest. Take the staircase with the footpath lighting down to the beautifully tiled open hallway, designed for kids dripping from the pool as they head to the full bath in rear. Here you’ll find the Rec Room, where you can enjoy some TV, game time, or the other gas fireplace. The wetbar and beverage fridge behind you can keep those wet kids hydrated. Follow the ceramic-tiled hallway back to the stairs and you’ll find the gym, with another built-in desk, maybe a craft area. From here you can access the Workshop and storage area, with more built-in benches and a freshly epoxied floor. Now head down that tile hallway towards the rear of the house and find the 5th bedroom with closet. Beyond this room you’ll find the cedar-lined Sauna for when you just want to relax in the heat (but it’s a dry heat!). Lastly the updated full bath rounds out that lower level with its continuation of the beautiful two-tone tile.
We’d be remiss if we didn’t detail the completely fenced backyard oasis that backs to complete wooded privacy. The private ironwood deck overlooks the completely fenced-in yard, and it has more than enough for you to spread out with a dozen friends & family or grill out. Below, the herringbone brick paver patio and pool deck leads to the star of the show, the in-ground Gunite pool with diving board and brick coping. The kids and guests can have fun for hours in quiet privacy. And the under-deck area is weatherproofed and features a large 8′ x 10′ storage shed for your pool equipment and yard machines.
Last but not least, let’s not forget about the prime location and neighborhood. Situated just 15 miles SW of Washington DC, this area offers a great many features in terms of proximity to major commuter routes, schools, shopping, and recreation. Hop on the Virginia Railway Express , in just 3 miles, or if you drive to work head east on Old Keene Mill Road 5 miles to the Beltway or the I-95 & HOT lanes. Need shopping? Walmart, Target, Safeway, Shoppers, Giant, and a million other stores, gas and restaurants are all within 3 or so miles. Or you can head to the newly renovated upscale Springfield Mall in less than 15 minutes. Walking trails? Got those too. Walk the dog or the kids 100 or so yards to the edge of the subdivision and a walking trail takes you to Rolling Valley West Park if you’d like let everybody run wild. And speaking of parks, we’ve got the mac-daddy of all parks, Burke Lake Park, just 5 minutes away.
So call today for a private showing, and don’t let this diamond escape. Homes like these don’t come along often. Be sure you’re the one that gets to call this place Home!
List Price: $849,000
Subdivision: Wooded Glen
Year Built: 1986
Full Bathrooms: 3
Half Bathrooms: 1
Lot AC/SF: 0.22/9,401
House Tax Living Area: 3,388
House Total Sq.Ft.: Approx 4,584
Parking: 2 Car Garage, Driveway, Street
Heat System: Natural Gas
Hot Water Heater: Natural Gas
Cool System: Central A/C Electric
Sewer/Septic: Public Sewer
Appliances: Dishwasher, Disposal, Cooktop, Refrigerator, Double Ovens, Ceiling Fans (8), Clothes Washer and Dryer, Beverage Cooler, Intercom system.
Elementary: White Oak
Middle: Lake Braddock
High: Lake Braddock
Amenities & Special Features:
- Heated Gunite swimming pool with Loop Lock cover and herringbone brick deck
- Pool shed for pool and yard equipment
- Toro Sprinkler system- front, back and sides
- Sheltered rear sitting area w/Bose outdoor speakers
- Ipe (Ironwood) deck w/Bose outdoor speakers
- Certainteed Grand Manor Shingle lifetime warranty roof with winter guard and aluminum drip edge (1999)
- LeafGuard gutters with commercial size down spouts (1999)
- All exterior wood trim and soffits clad in aluminum (1999)
- Pella triple-pane windows 2014
- Cedar trimmed and power ventilated Four Seasons solarium w/retractable shades
- Mercury floodlights at front of house
- New LED lighting added 2009
- Dishwasher (2015)
- GE Ceramic cook top (2015)
- GE 30″ double ovens (1995)
- Sub-Zero refrigerator (1995) with wood-paneled doors
- Master bath remodeled 2000
- Pantry remodeled with wooden shelving and drawers (2007)
- Upstairs shared bath remodeled 2011, includes laundry chute
- Wooden plantation style shutters on main floor windows
- Dimmable LED lighting in family room (2019)
- Cedar lined closets throughout the entire house, including huge master walk-in with built-in ironing board
- Walnut fireplace mantel
- Fully finished basement with exercise room and workshop
- Huge amount of beautifully designed storage. Excess storage in partially floored attic with pull-down stairs
- 8 ceiling fans (replaced 2017 – 2019)
- Cedar sauna with access to pool (1989)
- Double French style rear door walk-out to pool (2012)
- Dual-zone Heating and AC with programmable Wi-Fi Thermostats
- 75 gallon gas water heater (2017)
- Gas furnace (2014)
- Whole house humidifier (2019)
- Garage doors (2011)
- 220V outlet in garage
- Office remodeled with built-in double-sided oak desk and cabinetry (2009)
- Hardwood floors in office and family room (2009)
- Beautiful walnut library/study (walls, ceiling, and bookshelves)
- HOA fees are minimal ($460/yr) to include trash pickup, common area maintenance, and insurance. This amount has been credited back to homeowners for the past two years, resulting in a net cost of $0. This will likely happen again in 2020 due to an excess of funds in the HOA account.
- Home and swimming pool are very private, backing onto Fairfax County park land (forest) that will never be developed
- Walking distance to tennis courts, basketball, soccer, and baseball, as well as Pohick Library
- Convenient access to nearby Safeway, Giant, Walmart, Starbucks, Whole Foods, OneLife Gym, Springfield Town Center, Home Depot
- Minutes from Burke Lake Park
Conveyances: Refrigerator, CookTop, Dual Wall Ovens, Dual Sink w/Disposal, Dishwasher, Washer/Dryer, Beverage Cooler, Ceiling Fans (8), Garage Door openers (2), Window Treatments (all), Whole-house Intercom, Programmable Doorbell.
Utility Usage Information
Electric: Approx. $140/month average year-round (no more than $200 or so during hot months for A/C and Pool Heater, about $110/month otherwise)
Gas: Approx. $100/month average year-round (winter months can hit $225/month for about 3 months, otherwise only about $32/month for 9 months)
Water: Approx. $45/month (paid quarterly)